Sunday, July 20, 2008

My sweet little boy

Well, real quick, just wanted to update you on Kayleigh's progress. She is out of the hospital, still having a hard time keeping her breath, but is really doing better. She is on a pretty aggressive broncho/bronchiodilator/steroid regime, but it finally seems to be working....sometimes I hate genetics.... looks like she has my (jake) fate all over again. I was an extreme asthmatic as a child (luckily I grew out of it). Anyways thanks for the calls of concern, and the prayers that I am sure were given in her behalf. Now on the subject of prayers....and the reason for my post tonight. I am sitting here in the dark, all alone, wondering how to tell you about tonight without botching the purity of the event. I was making my nightly security check of the house before I went to bed, making sure all the windows and doors were locked, and I heard Jonathan talking in his room. Lately he has wanted to keep his door cracked just slightly, so he can get out in the morning w/o making a lot of noise. Anyways I checked the front door, and peeked into his room, half expecting to find Kayleigh in his bed talking to each other (which they do frequently). I almost said something to him when I walked in and found him out of his bed, but then I realized he was on his knees. I quietly listened as he begged his Heavenly father to "help Kayleigh because she doesnt feel good, and please make her better so we can play again" Many more things were said pertaining to Kayleigh, and the family. I just stood there in the door way and wept. My little four year old boy, pouring his heart out to his Father, and speaking to him, as if he were standing there face to face having a conversation. I don't claim to be the best father, heck I don't even claim to be the most spiritual, or even active member of the Church; What I do know is that my little boy knows where he can turn to when I (or steph) can't do anything else. He is my sweet little boy, who is fast approaching my little man. I am happy tonight, extremely pleased. Despite my weaknesses, my family is still growing in the "right way". Good night to all, and may He who created all watch and keep you.
Jake

5 comments:

Lori said...

Jake,
Thanks so much for sharing that sweet experience with us. It truly touched my heart and let me know again of the sweet and wonderful unconditional love and pure faith that children have. I hope that Kayleigh is feeling better soon. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Brittany said...

That was so sweet. I'm so glad to hear that Kayleigh is doing a little better.

Rachel said...

That is such a sweet story! I'm sorry that Kayleigh's been so sick, I had no idea. It sounds like things are getting better . . . but let me know if there's anything I can do!

Joni said...

That is truly an amazing experience!! Thank you for sharing with us!

Jason and Tawni said...

Jake and Stephanie,
I have been a crappy blogger friend and I just barely checked in on your blog to see how your family is doing and I found out that Kayleigh has been going through a rough time and that you are going to be moving! I am so sorry that your little girl has had it rough, it is not fun to have a sick child. I am happy to hear that she is doing better and I am so proud of Jonathon and the choices he is making even as a little boy. That proves that you guys are doing something right so keep it up!