Just wanted to leave a quick note just to let you know that we have had a lovely sickness come upon our household. Kind of weird to get a cold in the middle of 106 degree weather, but just the same. It is some sort of respiratory bug, which has all the kids quite sick. My (jake) body is trying desperately to fight the same thing off but I think it is getting the best of me as I am feeling extremely fatigued today and am all stuffed up. Steph has escaped unscathed. Poor Kayleigh has got it the worst though, currently she is in the Hospital in St George on the pediatrics unit. It hit her hard and with a vengance. at her worst point she was breathing about 70-80 times a minute, and her sats were in the high 70's, diaphoretic, and combative. after numerous treatments with steroids, albuterol, atrovent, and plenty of prayers, she is doing much better. Funny thing was when she got to the hospital she was so wired, no one thought anything was wrong with her. IV attempts were made and then abandoned because she finally felt like taking a popsicle. When she went to sleep tonight, it all started over again, and she landed herself on 2 L of oxygen, and hourly xopenex treatments. So far it seems to be doing the trick. Keep her in your prayers, and please understand if we don't dare comming around any of your families for the next few weeks..... this thing is vicious....
Jake
How to Decorate Your Home with Canvas Prints
3 years ago

3 comments:
I am so sorry, you guys! I hate colds in the middle of summer, they always seem worse to me.
I hope everyone keeps doing better and you're all well again soon.
You did make me very grateful that our own summer cold, while vicious and making my life miserable the last couple weeks, has not progressed so far as that.
Big hugs for all of you, now try to get some sleep!
That is awful. I hope you all get feeling better soon. That is scary with little ones. When you get feeling better check my blog site out you have been tagged.... I was just tagged and now have to pass it on, but no rush get feeling much better first.
I'm so sorry to hear you guys are sick! It's so scary when it's your kids though. Hang in there.
Post a Comment